What are Disney Princesses? List of Disney Princesses in Chronological Order; Detailed Overview
Disney Princesses are some of the most popular characters in the world. They have been around for generations, and continue to inspire people of all ages. In this blog post, we will take a look at the history of Disney Princesses, and see how they have evolved over the years.
The first Disney Princess was Snow White, who was introduced in 1937. She was followed by Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, and Rapunzel. In 2012, Merida was added to the lineup, making her the eleventh Disney Princess.
Each of these princesses has her own unique story and personality. Snow White is sweet and cheerful, Cinderella is kind and hardworking, Aurora is graceful and delicate, Ariel is adventurous and curious, Belle is intelligent and independent, Jasmine is sultry and independent, Pocahontas is brave and spiritual, Mulan is determined and courageous, Tiana is hardworking and ambitious, and Rapunzel is adventurous and curious.
Disney Princesses have come a long way since their debut in 1937. They have become more independent and empowered, and have inspired girls and young women all over the world. They are a testament to the power of imagination and storytelling, and will continue to bring joy to people of all ages for many years to come.
While the characters have evolved over the years, they still remain some of the most iconic and loved characters in the world. Whether you grew up watching them or are just discovering them now, the Disney Princesses are a must-see for any fan of fairy tales and Disney movies.
Here is a list of Top 11 Disney Princesses in chronological order:
- Snow White (1937) – Snow White is the first Disney Princess and the main protagonist of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. She is a kind and gentle young woman who befriends the Seven Dwarfs and is pursued by the evil Queen.
- Cinderella (1950) – Cinderella is the second Disney Princess and the protagonist of Cinderella. She is a young woman who is forced to live as a servant by her cruel stepmother and stepsisters, but finds happiness when she meets the prince at the royal ball.
- Aurora (1959) – Aurora is the third Disney Princess and the protagonist of Sleeping Beauty. She is a young princess who is cursed by the evil Maleficent and falls into a deep sleep, but is awakened by the kiss of a prince.
- Ariel (1989) – Ariel is the fourth Disney Princess and the protagonist of The Little Mermaid. She is a young mermaid who dreams of becoming human and falls in love with a prince on land.
- Belle (1991) – Belle is the fifth Disney Princess and the protagonist of Beauty and the Beast. She is a young woman who is imprisoned by a Beast, but learns to love him and breaks the spell that turned him into a monster.
- Jasmine (1992) – Jasmine is the sixth Disney Princess and a character in Aladdin. She is a young princess who is tired of her sheltered life and yearns for adventure, and meets a street-rat named Aladdin who shows her the world beyond her palace.
- Pocahontas (1995) – Pocahontas is the seventh Disney Princess and the protagonist of Pocahontas. She is a young Native American woman who falls in love with a European settler and works to bring peace between her people and the settlers.
- Mulan (1998) – Mulan is the eighth Disney Princess and the protagonist of Mulan. She is a young woman who disguises herself as a man and joins the army to fight in place of her aging father, and becomes a respected warrior.
- Tiana (2009) – Tiana is the ninth Disney Princess and the protagonist of The Princess and the Frog. She is a young woman who dreams of opening her own restaurant and falls in love with a prince who has been turned into a frog.
- Rapunzel (2010) – Rapunzel is the tenth Disney Princess and the protagonist of Tangled. She is a young woman with magical hair who has been locked in a tower her entire life, but escapes with the help of a thief and discovers the world beyond her tower.
- Merida (2012) – Merida is the eleventh Disney Princess and the protagonist of Brave. She is a young princess who defies tradition and sets out to change her fate, and learns to appreciate her family and her heritage.